LRSO 2017 Concerto Competition
The LRSO is pleased to announce its Eighth Annual Concerto Competition and scholarship program for young New Hampshire performing artists. The focus of this competition is to promote young classical musicians and encourage their musical advancement by providing an opportunity for them to rehearse and perform with a symphony orchestra.
The first-place winner will perform as a soloist with the Lakes Region Symphony Orchestra during the 2017-2018 season at Inter-lakes Auditorium in Meredith NH and will receive a $500 scholarship. Second and Third place winners will receive $300 and $200 scholarships respectively.
- The competition is open to high school students in grades 8-11 who play an orchestral instrument, including piano.
- The student must select and record a fast movement of a concerto from the standard orchestral repertoire.
- An application, résumé, and recording are to be submitted by March 1, 2017. Acceptable recording formats: CD, .mp3, DVD, YouTube or other online link.
- Based on the recorded audition and application, the most qualified applicants will be invited to the live auditions to be held in May 2017.
- The winning soloist will be expected to attend rehearsals on Monday evenings in late October/ early November in preparation for the concert.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Dr. Gary Corcoran
Concerto Competition Coordinator, Lakes Region Symphony Orchestra
2017 Application Form
2017 Media Release Form
2017 POSTER for Band and Orchestra directors