LRSO 2019 Concerto Competition
The 2018 Concerto Competition is now closed. Thank you to all students who participated.
We had a record number of applicants this year. Finalists have been notified and will perform
at the live auditions in May. The winner will perform at the November 2018 concert.
Starting in the Fall 2018, the LRSO will announce its Ninth Annual Concerto Competition and scholarship program for young New Hampshire performing artists. The focus of this competition is to promote young classical musicians and encourage their musical advancement by providing an opportunity for them to rehearse and perform with a symphony orchestra.
The first-place winner will perform as a soloist with the Lakes Region Symphony Orchestra during the 2018-2019 season at Inter-lakes Auditorium in Meredith, NH and will receive a $500 scholarship. Second and Third place winners will receive $300 and $200 scholarships respectively.
- The competition is open to high school students in grades 8-11 who play an orchestral instrument, including piano.
- The student must select and record a fast movement of a concerto from the standard orchestral repertoire.
- An application, résumé, and recording are to be submitted by March 1, 2019. Acceptable recording formats: CD, .mp3, DVD, YouTube or other online link.
- Students moving on to the in-person round of auditions will be notified by mid-March, 2019, and live auditions will take place in early May 2019.
- The winning soloist will be expected to attend rehearsals on Monday evenings in late October / early November 2019 in preparation for the concert.
- Previous first-place winners of this LRSO competition are ineligible to compete in subsequent competitions.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Concerto Competition Coordinator, Lakes Region Symphony Orchestra
2019 Application Form
2019 Media Release Form
2019 POSTER for Band and Orchestra directors