LRSO 2018 Concerto Competition
NOTE: Applicants for the 2018-2019 Competition will be notified by March 21, 2018 (not March 15 as previously indicated) whether they will advance to the live round of auditions. Thanks to everyone who submitted audition material. This was our largest pool of applicants since we began the competition. Congratulations to you all for sharing your talent with us.
The LRSO is pleased to announce its Eighth Annual Concerto Competition and scholarship program for young New Hampshire performing artists. The focus of this competition is to promote young classical musicians and encourage their musical advancement by providing an opportunity for them to rehearse and perform with a symphony orchestra.
The first-place winner will perform as a soloist with the Lakes Region Symphony Orchestra during the 2018-2019 season at Inter-lakes Auditorium in Meredith, NH and will receive a $500 scholarship. Second and Third place winners will receive $300 and $200 scholarships respectively.
- The competition is open to high school students in grades 8-11 who play an orchestral instrument, including piano.
- The student must select and record a fast movement of a concerto from the standard orchestral repertoire.
- An application, résumé, and recording are to be submitted by March 1, 2018. Acceptable recording formats: CD, .mp3, DVD, YouTube or other online link.
- Students moving on to the in-person round of auditions will be notified by March 15, 2018, and live auditions will take place in early May 2018.
- The winning soloist will be expected to attend rehearsals on Monday evenings in late October / early November 2018 in preparation for the concert.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Concerto Competition Coordinator, Lakes Region Symphony Orchestra
2018 Application Form
2018 Media Release Form
2018 POSTER for Band and Orchestra directors